The Ontario Ministry of Health has created a new tool to help people self-assess for COVID-19. Unless you are experiencing an emergency, please use this self-assessment tool before seeking medical help for possible COVID-19.
If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms.
Call the Dingwall Medical Clinic for an appointment with a physician (223-2258) or the Family Health Team for an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner (223-7406)
For urgent and/or immediate medical attention, attend the DRHC Emergency Department
Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000)
To help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory illnesses, including influenza, Northwestern Health Unit recommends:
- wash your hands often with soap and water;
- avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; if you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm;
- avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth to prevent illness;
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces; and,
- get the flu shot, if you haven’t already done so.
All washrooms, consultation rooms, offices and rooms frequented by patients and visitors are cleaned regularly following provincial standards for cleaning in healthcare settings.
It’s safe for service providers and contractors to keep their normal routine at all our sites for the time being.