Because at the DRHC, You Deserve the BEST
Since 2013, the DRHC has been on a journey of cultural transformation that has been deeply rooted in our organization’s mission, vision and values. Strategic goals and initiatives have been relevant to the delivery of healthcare, shape and direct the work of the organization, and instill pride, enthusiasm and a positive workplace culture.
It’s important to us that our patients and families receive the best possible, high quality and safe care, that their experience with our programs, services and people meet their expectations and that they feel like they are being treated by members of their own family.
We’re focused on delivering health care services so that our patients, family members and caregivers feel confident in us and the services we provide and know that we have their best interests at heart. Understanding their experience is important to us so that we develop and deliver safe, high quality care in ways that create value and make the patient experience positive and effective.
Hearing from our patients about their experiences helps us to improve on the services we provide and the manner in which we provide them. Here are some of the results from our patient satisfaction surveys during the fiscal year April 2016 to March 17:
- 77.6% of patients surveyed responded favourably to being involved in decisions about their care and 81.8% responded positively about having their family and friends involved in decisions.
- Patient response to “Would you recommend this Emergency Room to your friends and family?” improved from 57.1% in 2016 to 67.5% in 2017.
- Patient response to “would you recommend this hospital to your friends and family?” improved from 73% in 2016 to 78% in 2017.
- just under 90 per cent of patients answered that they were treated with courtesy and respect;
- just over 80 per cent said that their doctor listened carefully to their concerns; and
- over 85 per cent said that tests and procedures were completed at their scheduled time.
We know that there are many pressures within the health system and we are challenged with finding new and innovative ways to deliver services. Our cultural transformation will require the collective efforts of the organization’s expertise and resources, and those of our health system partners, to ensure that we continue to meet the health needs of our community today and into the future.
High performance health care teams, supported by a positive work culture and modern facilities and equipment, will provide consistent high quality care and the best patient experience.