In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, Dryden Regional Health Centre is opening a COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
Dryden Regional Health Centre’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is dedicated for individuals experiencing possible symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The DRHC COVID-19 Assessment Centre is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For safety reasons, “walk-in” appointments are strictly prohibited.
DRHC COVID-19 ASSESSMENT CENTRE
Location: Dingwall Medical Clinic Building (40 Goodall Street)
Entrance: First exterior entrance on the left (old Hearing Centre). Entrance is marked. DO NOT ENTER THE DINGWALL MEDICAL CLINIC.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Hours of assessment operation may change, as required.)
What are symptoms of COVID-19:
- fever greater than 38 degrees Celsius
- new or worsening cough, sore throat, headache, muscle/joint aches and fatigue
- shortness of breath
What will happen at the DRHC COVID-19 Assessment Centre:
- You will be required to wear a disposable mask provided by the nurse and use hand sanitizer when entering the facility.
- You are to attend your scheduled appointment alone; except one adult may accompany a child, frail elderly, person with disability, or an individual acting as an interpreter.
- You will be asked for your OHIP card.
- You will be screened for symptoms, travel and contact history.
- Nurses will assess vital signs, such as temperature and blood pressure.
- Screening will determine if you require a nose swab.
- Not everyone who attends the clinic will be swabbed.
- The Northwestern Health Unit will follow up with you after your results are received and ensure that any further direction/instruction is provided to you.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Dryden Regional Health Centre
Dryden, Ontario P8N 2Z6
Telephone: (807) 223-8201 Extension 2260