July 24, 2020
DRYDEN – Following the recommendations and guidelines of the Ministry and provincial government, the Dryden Regional Health Centre has begun gradually re-introducing outpatient services.
The complex and multifaceted phase-in of services has been based on recommendations and best practices for physical distancing and disinfection practices and reflects the organization’s deep commitment to safety.
Processes for booking, registration, attendance, and admission for services have changed to ensure the safety of patients and staff during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
While safety is our focus, patients will now have a different experience when presenting for care. Return to services at the DRHC is not a return to “normal”. Focusing on safety and the prevention of transmitting illnesses, the DRHC has made changes to the way individuals will be accessing services. This may include virtual care as an important tool in helping individuals access the care they need in a timely manner.
When you come for care:
- You will be screened on entrance to the building.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Patients and visitors are encouraged to bring their own mask when possible.
- You will be expected to practice frequent handwashing.
- You must respect and follow recommendations for physical distancing.
- You will be required to limit your movement within the organization by entering and leaving the facility through the doors closest to the service you are accessing.
- You must respect and follow visitor restrictions.
- Depending on the service you are accessing, you may need to be tested for COVID-19. Instructions will be provided when procedures are booked.
- Cafeteria services are currently unavailable to visitors and patients.
Individuals who have questions about their upcoming appointments are encouraged to call the appropriate department for clarification and information.
The Dryden Regional Health Centre recognizes that individuals may have been personally inconvenienced during our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and sincerely appreciates your further understanding and co-operation as we move forward in the safe delivery of services.
Our commitment to provide safe and high quality care to our patients and our communities is unwavering.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Dryden Regional Health Centre
Dryden, Ontario P8N 2Z6
Telephone: (807) 223-8201 Extension 2260