Our goal is to provide excellent care and a supportive environment but sometimes we fall short of that goal. Patient complaints are one way to identify areas where we can improve the patient and family experience.
In consultation with patients, clients, and family members, the DRHC has identified roles and responsibilities for physicians, staff, volunteers, patients and visitors that support and foster the best patient care experience. Click here to view the DRHC Declaration of Values.
DRHC is committed to improving the quality of our services and welcomes the views of patients and families. The resolution of concerns or conflict is of vital importance in supporting the interests of the patients in the context of patient-centred care. We are committed to improving the quality of our services in a patient-focused environment and welcome the views of patients and families on the care that they have received. Patient complaints are one way to identify areas where we can improve the patient and family experience; the resolution of such concerns or conflict is of vital importance. Please click here to view the DRHC Complaints Resolution and Compliments Policy.
How can I make a complaint?
- Please let your Nurse or the Manager/Supervisor know as soon as possible if you concerns about your care.
- If you and your Nurse are unable to resolve your concern, please contact Kim Vares, Director, Stakeholder Engagement & Relations and she will work with you to investigate and resolve your complaint.
- If your complaint still remains unresolved, you can contact the Patient Ombudsman with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for further investigation and resolution.
We believe that most problems can be resolved at the time they arise and with the person concerned.
If your problem cannot be resolved in this way, contact Kim Vares, Director of Stakeholder Engagement & Relations: 807-223-8211 or email: email@example.com
What is the procedure for dealing with a complaint?
When a concern or a complaint arises, the Dryden Regional Health Centre makes every attempt to resolve the matter quickly. We have a formal procedure to ensure that every concern or complaint is reviewed and responded to in a fair and timely manner.
We promise to:
- acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.
- provide a status report within 5 days;
- investigate your complaint and respond to you within 30 calendar days;
- offer explanation, or make it possible for you to discuss your concerns with those involved, if you wish;
- identify what we can do to improve our processes and ensure that the problem does not happen again.
How can I share a compliment?
Compliments to staff are important indicators of patient experience.
We use expressions of gratitude and appreciation to acknowledge success, encourage and support positive behaviours, remind us of the reason we work in health and the impact we might have on a person’s live. To share your feedback, please contact Kim Vares using any of the following media.
Director of Stakeholder Engagement & Relations
Mail: P.O. Box 3003, Dryden, Ontario P8N 2Z6
Phone: (807) 223-8211
TTY: (807) 223-8295
Fax: (807) 223-8628