- All hospital personnel are required to wear standard photo identification. The hospital log, the employee’s name and department/title are clearly stated on the card. The card it to be fully visible at all times. Question anyone who enters your room without hospital ID. Ask why they are there and report their presence immediately to your nurse and another unit staff member.
- If your baby requires tests or procedures that will take place out of your room, your doctor or nurse will explain the test/procedure to you, where it will take place, and how long it will take. You or your nurse must accompany your baby to other departments in the hospital.
- Please do not walk around the patient unit carrying your baby, or allow your visitors to do so.
- Your caregivers are required to introduce themselves to you. If they do not, please ask them who they are, and what their purpose is in your room.
- Please rely upon your primary nurse for information and advice. If in doubt, ask questions!
Do I need an infant car seat to bring my baby home from the hospital?
- Yes! You must bring the car seat to the hospital when it is time to take your baby home. It is the law that all babies are transported in a CSA approved infant car seat. There is help available to answer your questions about installation of the car seat.
Where can I go for answers to my questions when I leave the hospital?
- Everyone signs a form for Healthy Babies, Health Children. Unless you have indicated otherwise, a nurse from the Northwestern Health Unit will be contacting you within 24 – 48 hours of discharge. All families are offered a follow-up home visit by a Public Health Nurse.
- Moms can also contact the DRHC nursing station at 223-8258 with questions or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866 797-0000.
- The Dryden Children’s Resource Centre offers ongoing support to parents of young children.
Call us at 223-8243, if you have question prior to your admission. Your comments and/or suggestions are always welcome.